Fillable PDF Forms
What are Fillable PDF Forms?
It is a PDF form you can send your readers to fill out using a PC, tablet or mobile phone. They can save the form, print it or send the form back to you. See further down the page for pricing.
Why Use Electronic Fillable Forms?
- Easy distribution. Getting them to patients is easy. Forms can be downloaded from your website or emailed to the user.
- They’re convenient. There’s no need for them to first visit your practice. The patient can fill out and submit a form using a web browser or save it to fill out off-line on their own time and return it by email.
- These forms are easy to use and corrections can be made. You can even include helpful hints above fields to guide the recipient.
- They are more efficient because they help cut down on time taken in your waiting room.
- Flexibility. The same fillable PDF form can be used for both electronic and printed distribution.
- Consistency. Because it is a PDF, you can be assured your form looks the same on any computer platform or printed format
- They also allow you to review information and ask for additional details or documents which the patient must forward or bring along.
- Because they are stored electronically, they are easy to file or access and save on physical storage space.
- Files can easily be shared with relevant parties, even if they are in separate locations.
What does it cost?
While the cost of each form might differ according to document size and complexity, the following basic rates give an idea of costs. A final quote and timing shcedule will be emailed to you when the project enquiry is received and evaluated:
- Existing form. You send me your form and we convert the fields and make them fillable. There are no changes to the design or layout of the form. R150 per A4 page. Where there is only text on a page, there is no charge as nothing gets changed. There are no calculations or scripts required to the fileds.
You will need to provide the form in either a PDF or a MS Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Existing form which requires changes (moving fields, adding logo, contact details, or additional fields). Quoted per project, but use R200 per page as a guide.
You will have to provide the existing form in either a PDF or a MS Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Artwork such as a logo must be provided in either vector format or as a 300dpi JPG file.
- Completely new form to be designed. The design/preparation is a separate project/cost to converting it to a fillable form. Quoted per project based on complexity.
Once the initial design stage is complete you will receive the unlocked PDF version for printing purposes. For the conversion to a fillable type, base costs on the Existing Form as per above.
All the information must be provided: field headings, number of lines per field, sequence of fields. Artwork such as a logo must be provided in either vector format or as a 300dpi JPG file.
How does the process and payment work?
It’s best to start by sending me a sample of your existing form, or a good idea of what it is you’re after. I’ll respond with an evaluation and quote within 24 hours. If you’re unsure of your requirements or need some guidance, I don’t charge for that, so just get in touch and let’s chat.
Once you’ve given me the go-ahead based on my quote, I’ll get cracking and you’ll have your first draft within 48 hours (unless there’s missing information or questions we have to resolve before then). I obviously have to password-protect my files, so while you will be able to do a low resolution print in order to help with proofing, the file cannot be edited in any way.
Once the final draft is approved and payment is received, I’ll send you the password for the final draft so you can give it a test run, as well as a new unprotected PDF and a Word version. Payment is made via the Payfast portal, so I’ll email you an invoice as well as a link to the Payfast form. If you prefer, payment can be made directly into my bank account, and the details will on the invoice.
Can you be trusted to deliver?
One can give all kinds of assurances, but I think the simplest is for me say that after 26 years in a brick-and-mortar business in the same community, with my first clients still with me, I’d be foolish to tarnish my reputation at this stage. I own a printing business which interacts with clients all around South Africa, I’ve designed hundreds of forms for a huge variety of SMEs, and almost 2000 forms for medical practitioners and institutions (a special niche of mine).
Because I also write and publish fiction and marketing non-fiction, you can find me all over Google, so I’m easily traceable!